- The State of Odisha is rich in natural resources - minerals, marine, forest and agricultural land, with 480 Kms. long coast line along the Bay of Bengal
- Orissa has a substantial industrial base, comprising of a number of large, medium and small-scale enterprises in Steel, Aluminium, Chrome, Power, Textile, Handicraft and a host of other sectors. The thrust is on agro processing, electronics and software, aluminium industries, Gems & jewellery, automobile, basic drugs and pharmaceuticals, petro-chemicals and export oriented units
- Its lush green countryside and fertile plains, tiny hamlets fringed with palm, coconut trees and mango groves offer the charm of rural beauty while the urban pockets, the four cities in particular, with the splendor of modern technology provide the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay
- Orissa is also the land of unique handicrafts and other excellent artifacts
- Infrastructure facilities in the State offer tremendous opportunities for national and overseas investment in the export-oriented industries. Odisha is well connected by all modern means of transport surface, air and water. The State has rail and road network providing linkage to the various strategic points with more than 22364 Kms of rail route and 55000 Kms of roadways.
- Abundance of skilled and semi-skilled manpower at competitive rate in an environment of peaceful industrial relation and positive work culture offer favorable opportunities for industrial development
- Availability of qualified people from a number of Engineering Colleges, Polytechnics and Management Institutes in the State provide a rich human resources base for rapid industrialization of the State
- Odisha has vast reservoirs of natural resources to spur industrial growth and development. Its fertile land, water resources, mineral wealth, long coastline and forest resources are great assets. Oriyas are a peace loving and disciplined people who can be motivated to work hard for the states economic resurgence